Separations using Low Mix Option
- Mixed liquid phases are pumped or gravity fed to the housing through either or both inlets and are channeled to rotor inlet.
- Mixed phases are pulled into the rotor and subject to ‘G’ forces. Liquid entering the bottom of rotor displaces existing volume over weirs.
- Light phase flows over fixed central weir and is ejected into lower collector ring.
- Heavy phase flows through underflows and over the variable diameter weir ring before being ejected into upper collector ring.
- Heavy and light phases gravity drain out the opposing outlets into collection vessels
Liquid Phase Separation Process Parameters:
Ratio of Liquid Phases